GRASPING THE FLOOR WITH
THE BACK OF MY HEAD
A vivid and playful light emanates from the title of the performance. The functions of the different performers receive equal weight and form a poetic synthesis. The result is a highly professional performance.
From The Danish Arts Foundation’s award speech on Mute Comp.’s Grasping the floor with the back of my head.
You’re almost left in a trance while experiencing a mind expansion on both a physical and mental level. The spectator is sucked in by the performance. Information
A dream of fleshy moving bodies in a supple musical universe.
LIFE AS A LIVING HELL
Grasping the floor with the back of my head is a tender, humorous, forceful and highly expressive performance about; why man – since the beginning of time – always somehow manage to make his life a living hell.
The show features an international cast from the Faeroe Islands, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland/Ecuador. The music is composed and performed live by VALRAVN., whose inspiration comes from the original Nordic music tradition blending the raw sounds from their ancient instruments with the smooth possibilities of electronic music.
CONCEPT OG CHOREOGRAPHY: Mute Comp. Physical Theatre
DANCE AND PERFORMANCE: Kasper Ravnhøj, Jacob Stage, Thomas Bentin, Sigrid Husjord and VALRAVN.
COMPOSER AND LIVE MUSIC: VALRAVN / Martin Seeberg, Anna Katrin Egilstrøð, Juan Humberto Pino and Søren Hammerlund.
STAGE DESIGN: Johan Kølkjær.
LIGHTDESIGN: Michael Breiner.
DURATION: 70 min.
BLACKOUT!BLACKOUT! focuses on the strangeness of human behavior and the dark sides of the human personality as it addresses mankind’s desire to escape reality – the urge to daydream, repress or even deny reality.
BLACKOUT! is about not being able to resist, not being able to say no or claim that you don’t want that ticket to utopia. We explore the feeling of being drawn
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
- Prize by the Danish Arts Foundation for the concept for – and the staging of – Grasping the floor with the back of my head, 2008.
- Award winner “Best Performace” at The Cairo International Festival for Experimental Theatre, 2008.
- Nominated for the Reumert Prize “Best show” in Denmark, 2008.
- Nominated for Best Performance and Best Actress, Dublin Fringe Festival, 2008.
- June 29 and 30, 2012. Macao Cultural Centre.
- August 12, 2010. Malmø Sommarscen.
- May 31 and June 2, 2012. Sofia and Varna, Bulgaria in connection with the 17th International Theatre Festival “Varna Summer” on.
- October, 2008. At the Cairo International Festival for Experimental Theater /CIFET.
- November 2009. Mute Comp. is selected to open P@RT – international showcase for Danish performing arts with a re-staging of GRASPING THE FLOOR WITH THE BACK OF MY HEAD.
- September, 2008. Dublin Fringe Festival, Ireland..
- August, 2008, Re-premiere. Dansescenen, Copenhagen..
- February 13, 2008, Premiere. Dansescenen, Copenhagen.